Registration for the annual suicide prevention event is now OPEN! Thank you for your support!
In support of the suicide prevention the Chemung County Department of Mental Hygiene is coordinating its annual “Walk A Mile In My Shoes” event with Eldridge park as we traditionally have. This year’s walk for suicide prevention will be held on May 6th at Eldridge Park.
Register as an individual, family or team!
On line registration will close April 28th at noon!!
- Walkers may register at the On-The-Spot registration table in the Whip Building beginning at 9:00 AM. Lunch tickets and t-shirts will be available on a first come, first serve basis if you use On-The-Spot registration.
- If you pre-register and raise at least $15 (per person) in donations you are guaranteed a t-shirt and lunch!!!
- Have donors make checks payable to “Community Foundation Suicide Prevention Fund.”
- Bring any additional donations to the park between 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM on the morning of the walk.
- Individuals do not have to be members of a team, nor must they raise money, in order to participate.
The Walk will begin promptly at 11:00AM!
The cost for T-shirts per person for pre-registered teams/individuals is $15 and they will be available on Thursday, May 4th at the Journey Center at (116 Breesport Rd. in Horseheads, NY) from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM-1:30 PM and again from 5:00 PM- 6:30 PM.
Please remember that you don’t have to make a donation. Simply joining us at the walk helps to support our local suicide prevention efforts!
The following forms are optional, but can be printed for your convenience: